Dear Parents of BBP Students,
We at Bright Beginnings Preschool are very excited to begin our 2020-21 school year. Our school year begins on August 25, 2020. Our board and administration understand that this school year brings new challenges for our staff, parents and students. Bright Beginnings mission will remain consistent although circumstances continue to change. We at Bright Beginnings “strive to provide a quality education from a Biblical perspective that leads families and children to a relationship with Jesus Christ.” And as always, Bright Beginnings Preschool is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for students, staff and families.
The Bright Beginnings Board and Administration, after reviewing information from the CDC, Georgia Department of Health and OSHA have discussed and formulated a plan to begin the new school year at Bright Beginnings Preschool. We recognize that through implementation of these strategies we can reduce, not eliminate, the risk of COVID-19 in our school community. The board and administration will continue to assess and review guidelines and modify the plan as needed.
We are excited to welcome students back to Bright Beginnings Preschool for in person instruction. Please note the following information for back to school at Bright Beginnings.
• The CDC recommends anyone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, has come in contact with someone who has had a positive test, or received a positive test result should isolate at home for 14 days from the date of exposure.
• The symptoms of COVID-19 are cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat congestion or runny nose, new loss of taste or smell, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, bluish face or lips, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
Bright Beginnings will notify parents if their child has been exposed to a suspected or positive case of COVID-19 at school.
• If a child/staff member becomes sick at school, they will be sent to the office for evaluation.
• Symptomatic persons with a positive test result or symptoms may return to school after:
– At least 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared AND
– At least 3 days have passed with no symptoms without fever reducing medication.
• Asymptomatic persons with a confirmed positive test result may return to school after:
– At least 10 days have passed since the positive test result and person remains symptom free. If at any point symptoms develop that person should then follow symptomatic protocol.
• Asymptomatic persons who have a known exposure to a person with COVID-19, but do not have a positive text result, may choose to quarantine or may choose to return to school at the discretion of their parent and health provider.
– If DPH contacts a parent about exposure, the parent must follow DPH guidance.
Procedures for the School Year
Bright Beginnings will use a CDC approved cleaner to clean and disinfect the classrooms, bathrooms and all other touch points located in our school building. This includes tables, chairs, door handles, bathroom fixtures, playground equipment, etc. Our school staff will clean these areas frequently during the school day. The church cleaning staff also cleans our classrooms, hallways and bathrooms routinely during the week.
In the Classroom
• Our classroom teachers will incorporate more frequent hand washing and sanitizing into their daily classroom routine. We will encourage students to have healthy hygiene habits throughout our school day.
• Each student will have his or her own school supplies to use throughout the day.
• All shared toys and resources will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
Morning Drop Off will look a little different at Bright Beginnings this year. We know that our parents desire to walk their preschool students into school in the morning, so we have developed a drop off plan that allows parents to walk in and also limits the number of people in the hallways during drop off. If you are walking your child into the school we ask that you arrive between 9:10-9:20. Parents will walk their child in through the preschool doors. We will allow 25 people at a time to enter the school building during our drop off time between 9:10 and 9:20 A.M. We are also asking that all parents/visitors wear masks as they enter the building
If you arrive after 9:20, we ask that you consider carpool or wait until carpool is finished to walk your child in the building. Bright Beginnings would like only 1 parent to walk the child in, drop off at the classroom door and then exit the building through the preschool doors.
• Carpool will begin at 9:20 and will end at 9:35. A Bright Beginnings staff member will help your child out of the car and to their classroom. Please have your child ready to exit the car in order to expedite the carpool process. A carpool map will be located in your Open House packet.
• Afternoon Pick Up- All parents are required to walk in to pick up their child from the classroom. The doors will open at 12:20; we will allow 25 people in at a time. Please wait in a line on the sidewalk until you are able to enter. Teachers will release students as parents arrive. Because families are waiting and in order to minimize the number of parents and students in the hall, we ask that you exit the building through the preschool doors after you have picked up your child from the classroom.
• Please maintain physical distance when in the school building.
• Bright Beginnings is asking that all students bring an individual snack and water for school this year. Please refer to snack suggestions and rules when you receive your open house packet.
• If your child is in lunch bunch at Bright Beginnings, we will not order food from Chick-fil-A or Papa Johns for the 1st semester of the school year. Please send your child with a lunch each day.
• Bright Beginnings students stay in the same classroom during the school day, with the exception of their Media and Music time. These classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned between groups of students. Our students will still have playground or gym time once per day. We will have minimal interaction between classes during this time of the day.
• Staff and Students will not be required to wear masks during the school day. We understand that you may want your child to wear a mask, but please note that if you send your child to school with a mask, we cannot guarantee that they will keep it on all day.
• Chapel – In order for us to have Chapel we will limit it to only Bright Beginnings students. Parents we will let you know when this policy changes and at that time you can join us for Chapel.
Home Visits and Open House
• Bright Beginnings teachers will contact the students in their classrooms by the week of August 10th. Teachers will plan a time to meet with their students at home visits during the week of August 10th. Instead of the traditional home visit, we will have a “meet me on the porch” visit at each student’s home.
• Open House at Bright Beginnings is on August 20, 2020 from 6-8 pm. Our open house will be divided alphabetically by last name. In order to keep our numbers down in the hallways and classroom, please only come at your assigned time.
– Last names A-E will come from 6:00-6:30, F-K will come from 6:45-7:15 and last names L-Z will come from 7:30-8:00 pm.
*Please note that these policies and procedures are in addition to the policies and procedures noted in our school handbook.
Bright Beginnings understands that beginning preschool can be difficult for students and their parents, especially in the unique situation this school year. We are thankful to FBC Loganville for their support of our school, our staff and parents as we prepare for this school year. Please be aware that should these procedures or policies change in any way, we will advise of those in writing to our parents.
In Christ’s Love,
Bright Beginnings Preschool Board